● Aims: To improve students’ concept of basic mathematics and to enable students to reach the expected average levels.
● Tutorial arrangement:
1. Participants: S1 to S3 students
2. Duration: Each lesson last for 1.5 hours.
3. Reward: If the student’s standard is satisfactory, he/she will receive a signature. Eight signatures can redeem a McDonald’s voucher.
● Expected Outcomes: Students will acquire the basics of mathematics required for their respective forms. Their interest and confidence & motivation in mathematics will also increase.
1. Set pre- and post-tests of similar difficulties to evaluate the performance of students
2. Evaluate final examination results of junior forms
3. Set a questionnaire to collect opinions from students, tutors and subject teachers
4. Hold an evaluation meeting for qualitative evaluation from teachers and suggestions for sustainable development of the programme
● Successful Criteria
1. 70% of the students have an improvement of 20% comparing the initial and final tests.
2. Improvement of 20% in the final exam compared with their first exam marks.
3. 80% of the students agree that this programme increases their confidence in mathematics.
80% of the tutors and subject teachers agree that the program tackles the core problem, and the result is reflected in daily lessons.
4. The mathematics panel has a positive view towards the programme and reflects on the experience to suggest improvement for future development.