This 3-year scheme responds to the fine-tuning of the medium of instruction (MOI) implemented by the Education Bureau. It aims to:
● promoteand enhance our reading-to-learn culture through the Hybrid model of Intensive Reading Scheme with the focus on language across the curriculum;
● foster professional development among different subject teachers to meet the challenges of the new MOI policy and learning diversity;
● develop curriculum and classroom teaching resources and prepare subject teachers to use English as the MOI in the classroom under the fine-tuned MOI framework;
● smoothen students’ transition from primary to secondary schooling on classroom language and subject language; and
● provide learning and teaching resources to support teaching.